In Celebration of Bike Month Bikeatoga is Sponsoring a
Twilight Bike Ride / Pot Luck Picnic Enjoy the Park in Your Own Backyard!
(Saratoga Spa State Park)
Friday May 19, 2017
Meet: 5PM Warming Hut (off Avenue of the Pines)
The Hut will be open at 5PM to drop off food for picnic.
Please bring coolers with ice to keep food and beverages cold
Food: There will be sausage & peppers, mac & cheese
Other suggestions: chips, dips, hummus, salads, desserts
There is a small grill
Ride: We will bike the park on the paved paths at a leisurely pace – exploring the flora & fauna that the park has to offer-and return to a feast!
- Binoculars, bird & wildflower guides ( if you have)
- Insect repellent
- Water bottle – we can go to the springs to fill up
- Bike Lights -white front/ red rear
Some Planned Sites: keeping eyes & ears peeled for pileated woodpeckers, owls & warblers
- Woodchuck hangouts (and golfers)
- Springs – Orenda (& the tufa build-up)
- The picnic table burial ground
- Victoria Pool
- Roosevelt Baths/Lincoln Baths (if no one has been inside)
- Administration Buildings
- Hall of Springs