As of June 13th, we have been open for bicycle adoptions: Tuesdays 6-8 pm, Thursdays 5 pm-8 pm, and Saturdays from 9 am-noon! We are still practicing safe Covid practices.
- We will not be limiting the amount of people who can be in the shop at any given time to work on bikes for now.
- As a result, adoptees are no longer required to work in the shop to get a bike. Simply show up and pick a bike that is ready to go.
- We will be allowing only one person per Bikeatoga staff member or one person and child or vital assistant (like a translator). So, if you come with more than one child, be sure to have someone with you to watch your other children while you are selecting a bike for one child.
- You may be waiting outside for your turn to be called in to register and select a bike. Be prepared for the weather and please maintain social distancing.
- We insist that no one testing positive for COVID-19, with symptoms of COVID-19 or having recent close contact with someone with COVID-19 does not attempt to adopt a bike.
- We will require a mask and suggest gloves. Both of those and hand sanitizer will be available when you check-in.
- We will be following the NYS Dept of Health guidelines as much as possible.
We are working to get as many bikes as possible ready, but we cannot guarantee we will have something for you. If nothing is available at the time, we will attempt to find and prepare a bike for the next adoption day.
If you need help with your own bicycle, please stop down during workshop hours, Tuesdays, 6-8 pm, Thursdays 5-8 pm, and Saturdays from 9am-noon. Note this is subject to change, so always view our calendar for up-to-date dates/times.
If you are looking to donate a bike to us, we ask that only working adult bikes be brought in now. We are very full right now and don’t have the room. Once we get some bikes adopted, we will accept non-working bikes. If you could please refrain from bringing in anything that is excessively old or rusty that helps us. Unfortunately, we can’t save every bike. Please please stop down during workshop hours, Tuesdays, 6-8 pm, Thursdays 5-8 pm, and Saturdays from 9am-noon. Note this is subject to change, so always view our calendar for up-to-date dates/times.
If you wish to volunteer in the workshop, either supporting bike maintenance work or supervising the check-in counter, please fill out this Sign Up Genius for Fall 2021.
Please be patient and be safe as we continue to operate with COVID safe operations.